Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kate's Favorite Things #3...and#2

So if you are just dropping by be sure to check out the rest of my list thus far: #10, #9, #8, #7, #6, #5&4 Ok I know I know I - Here we are in the new year and I am still not done this list!!! Well I commit to be done by next year. lol I am actually hoping it will be sooner that - life and blogging must go on!

Alright so my #3 is...
The Lightsphere
This is such a cool product. Admittedly expensive for the materials that make it up (Basically a Tupperware cup!) BUT has been such lifesaver for me with indoor photography. If you know me, you know I HATE indoor photography. Lighting is always such a pain and it drives me so crazy. Yay for lightsphere - basically it is just a really BIG diffuser - meaning that it takes the light from the flash and spreads it around so that it is not so harsh. Super cool product and although it is not a perfect solution it is very useful. Useful enough to make my #3!!

My number 2 is...
Sony Vaio Laptop
Ok this one is big for me. I LOVE my laptop. It is my lifeline to the outside world on days that I can't get out (of the house that is!!) We got this laptop on a telus promotion so we were kind of expecting to get a piece of crap computer. We have been very pleasantly surprised by how well this little laptop works. The only thing it really lacked was a decent size hard drive which was easily remedied by buying an external for storing all our pictures and videos. It is so easy to bring along on a trip or take into another room to find some peace and quiet.


No comments: