Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kate's Favorite Things #5...and#4

So if you are just dropping by be sure to check out the rest of my list thus far: #10, #9, #8, #7, #6

Alright so I have gotten a little back up with all the
chaos of the holidays and so in an effort to still get to number one before New Years I thought I would double up on these last few posts. With no further ado...

My Number 5 is..... My BlackBerry
I had been hearing people go on and on about these silly little phones for way to long it seemed. Ok so its a fancy cell phone - whoop-de-do-ding. Then several of our friends that have blackberry's started filling us in on why they liked them so much. We started our hunt not long after that and ended up walking away from the store with two blackberry's on plans with Virgin Wireless (which are awesome by the way!!) What sold us?? It was not facebook or even the easy access to the Internet - which are both very handy by the way. It was actually the Blackberry Messenger. Basically any of our contacts that also have a Blackberry we can message for free. Which is great - it is way more convenient than texting and cheap cheap cheap :) We end up using this feature more than any other I think. The other great thing about the plan we are on is that Ed and I can call each other all the time without running up the bill. Yay.

Now for #4...
The Olfa Rotary Blade
If you are a crafty person or sew I am sure you know all about this next one...
This one is so cool and I only recently discovered it. I have dabbled with sewing and made one little quilt for my son so I already had a healthy respect for a good pair of scissors but this Olfa blade is in a class of its own. I am currently working on a denim Rag Time quilt and in an effort to avoid my hand forever cramping I went to the store to see what they had to offer. The store clerk pointed me to the Rotary Blade...Bless her soul! As soon as I got it home I got to chopping...it is fast and smooth and easy peasy to use. Just beware though - I have heard tales of horrendous cuts from these super sharp tools!

1 comment:

CLTD Messenger said...

Hey girl! Lovin' the list! Just letting you know... I have a blackberry... hint hint. ;)
-shel