Friday, December 4, 2009

Kate's Favorite Things #9...

So if you are just dropping by be sure to check out the rest of my list thus far: #10

Well #9 was not one of those planned purchases this year. I honestly think it was an act of desperation by a loving husband to either spare my sanity or our dog. Anyone who follows my blog or knows me for more than a few minutes (somedays!) Knows we have a severely troubled dog. One of her annoyingly bad habbits is to break into the garbage and drag it all over every carpeted area she can find.

Again Enter another Sanity Saver...(hum a tune please)

The Hoover Steam Vac Dual V Carpet Cleaner


This little baby has redeemed more than its fair share of days this fall. We used to either call someone in or go and rent one of those big red things from the grocery store....how often though??? Seriously maybe once every six months. Let me tell you when you have a dog spreading garbage and then a 3 and 1 yr old to boot - every six months does not cut it. I would house a small army of spot cleaners and sham wows in a feeble attempt at maintaining the appearance of a clean floor.

Since I got this Hoover I have cleaned our entire carpet 4 times - ie once a month!! I even pulled it out the other day to just clean the heavy traffic areas that were getting a little gungy. LOVE it!! This machine is super simple to use and much easier to manuver around than those red things! If you follow the directions the floor is able to be walked on in sock feet in only a couple of hours! So fantastic.

Price point keeps this one a little further down the list but honestly it has been worth every penny. We did figure out that it was the equivalent of renting a red one two-three time and hiring somebody to come in one-two times. So it has already paid for itself in less than six months and really can you put a price on Sanity ;)

1 comment:

I'm Dominique said...

we have one of these and it really is amazing and a life saver when it comes to house training a puppy