Monday, October 4, 2010

Another Date Night Hijacked

I was happily surprised when early last week Ed suggested a date night friday for us.  Our kids have had the foot and mouth virus and so I have been stuck at home more than I am used to and I was so looking forward to it!
Ed planned for us to go out and watch a movie while my sister stayed and watched the kids.
Sounds awesome right!
Come Friday afternoon though things started to unravel.  Gabe who even while being covered in a blistery rash around his face, feet and hands had been quite content to play happily began to fuss.
Then fussing turned to screaming...that horrible cry that lets you know they are not just whining - they are in pain.
We turned to tylenol....which really did nothing.
By midnight I was concerned enough that we took him into the ER...and at two in the morning just 5 minutes before the doctor came in...Gabe had one of those crazy poops.


And once he was cleaned up - he settled down.  He let me hold him, instead of pacing the room saying oww oww.


The doc confirmed that he was ok aside from the foot and mouth virus...the pain that I had thought was from blisters was actually a tummy ache.
It reminds me of that quote,
"when you hear hoof beats you think horses  - not zebras"


Oh brother. Anyway so our date night was not realized this week but we decided instead to go on a family date on Sunday to go check out the salmon run happening at a local river.  Very cool


I will post those pics as soon as I can :)



No comments: