Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So Alive and Half Dead...

I know that my title is quite the paradox but it sums up so much of my life right now that I had to go with it.

Last night was my first night in just over 6 weeks that I have gone to Brazilian Jui Jitsu.
I have realized that for me - Jui Jitsu represents and greatly contributes to my health and by no means is my physical health the greatest beneficiary.  Mentally, emotionally I feel SOO much better after class - I feel de-stressed, revitalized and ready to face life again. 
**BLISS**
Of course my definition of bliss in this case is getting rolled around for an hour and a half - but it just felt so good to be in class again.
Until this morning - "Hello achy sore muscles - I missed you???" 
So alive - half dead.


I also have been busy preparing for a wedding trade show in a few weeks, as well as trying to meet the deadlines of the various photography projects I have on the go. It is awesome being busy, it is awesome having new opportunities to grow not only my business but also myself. It is challenging and exciting and I am grateful and eager to continue to learn, not only more in the field of photography but also in business. BUT of course there is a flip side to all of this (just because I am as human as they come) I am finding myself with elevated stress levels and more things on my 'to do' list than may be possible....So alive - half dead


I am working back in the school district again - thanks to Sarah who has taken on the somewhat chaotic schedule of casual child care. I don't know if working in the district really infuses me with life filling passion (although I do enjoy it) But it does add some pennies into our account so I guess with this one I will rate it a '3/4 alive - half dead"
Half dead because who in their right mind wants to work casual on call!! 




No comments: