Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Taking Time to Count...

So here are a few numbers for you 


My house is approximately 1100 sq feet...which suits us just fine.
We have 3 bed rooms, a sunroom, a living room and a kitchen...again just hunky dory.
Yesterday morning I made about 10 dozen cookies (by accident - I doubled one ingredient and had to catch up with the rest)
And yesterday our mom bookclub group met at my place....
I did some counting yesterday and realized there were 9 moms that came - which is a great sized group...
And 18 children (all 5 and under)
LOL
We tried to send them to play in the bedrooms and some of them did - but I don't blame the ones who spilled out I am sure they would have been trampled.
We moms tried to squish in the sun room so that the kids would not have to run through the middle of our discussion but I think my love seat would have had to squish about 5 people on it so that idea went out the window.
So there we were 9 moms in the middle of kid hurricane valiantly try to talk over all the noise and screaming...we eventually gave up and settled with visiting in little clusters because you seriously could not hear across my little living room.
Now remember earlier I said I had been baking cookies right? So add to this whole scenario that the house temperature was   roughly what is needed to cook a turkey and I think you'll have the jist of our morning book group yesterday.


I love that the ladies in this group are so relaxed that they didn't even bat an eye at the craziness of our situation but made the best of it  - ate cookies - and some yummy dessert some other moms brought - and somehow made walking through a hurricane look easy.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I totally wish I could have made it 10 moms and 20 kids!

Renee said...

it was great!! looking forward to next week!