Saturday, March 28, 2009

My thoughts...

So the other night I found myself contemplating what I wanted to 'accomplish' as a mother. I thought I would share what I wrote here on my blog.

"For my children, I want to leave my legacy of love imprinted on their hearts. Like the strains of a melody that would float through their lives bringing encouragement, hope and strength. I think every mother wants to see her children dream and aspire to the greatness we see in them. We know though that struggle awaits and discouragement and doubt may haunt them, as it does us all. And so we see to build into our children the resiliency to overcome, to continue on. The challenge though is to inspire more than little soldiers that march through life with only eyes for the mundane. We want to open their eyes to the magic around them. The beauty, the mystery, the fanciful and the sacred. I want my children to smell and air after it rains and be able to immerse themselves in the moment. Most of all I want to show them how this is done. I want them to see the passion that drives me to pursue my dreams. To see the love between soul mates and the gift that is to all involved. I want them to recognize in me that my strength come from faith and trust in the One who is greater than us all. I want them to watch me fall and get back up again and know that life is now about perfection but rather experience that brings wisdom. I want that melody that plays in their hearts through the everyday moments that is the same one that gave them cuddles and helped them discover something new. The one that reveled in the beauty of a moment with them. The one that showed them the greatest love it could so that could be pointed towards the greatest Love."

No comments: