Saturday, January 24, 2009

More Toddler Stories....

So Leanne's cute little story about Sammy got me to thinking of some of the conversations that I have had with Eliana lately. This age group really does have some of the cutest ways of seeing and responding to the world around them. Like the other day while I was putting Eliana's hair up into some pony tails and she put her hand in her pocket and said, "Here mommy, money you". Of course it was pretend money so I said thank-you and 'took' the money from her hand and carried on doing her hair. She suddenly exclaimed, "Mommy, money in my hair now!!" She was not satisfied until I took the 'money' from her hair and put it safely away in my pocket...

Another random Eliana event that actually had Ed and I laughing the other day had to do with spilled milk. Ed had given Eliana a cup of milk to carry over to the table. On the way she stumbled and the milk sloshed a little onto the floor. Then Eliana stepped on that very little spill and completely lost her balance and tossed the entire glass of milk up into the air....Murphy's law...most of it landed on top of her head and she was covered in milk from head to toe. It was one of those moments that seemed completed animated and despite the fact that there was a mess and Eliana was completely traumatized; Ed and I couldn't help but laugh. Eliana had to wait the extra 15 seconds as we took pictures of her misfortune. I'm sure that is against some parent code book but don't worry we gave her lots of hugs and bribed her with treats afterward.

This is the pic that we got.



Gabriel also had a moment of sublime cuteness the other day. He has always loved the vacuum, for whatever reason, and now that he is moving about he follows it around when it is being used. So the other day Ed figured he would use Gabriel's natural interest and harness it for greater cleanliness of our house.

I think I will love this pic forever.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, I love your stories, they are soo cute. You are so right this age group says and does the funniest things! It is amazing how even when they have such different personalities they all keep us lauging, usually with Cheyanne it is something she says, and with Emmersen it is something she does, like lock herself in the bathroom and manage to make us get a new bathroom door! If you can't laugh at their little antics though I think you would go crazy! It seems to me that we have two options most of the time when it comes to the things our kids do, laugh or cry, and i personally think it is better to see the humour in the mess then the mess itself! I love reading your stories!
Love Shawna

Murray's Corner said...

Hey, I stumbled across your blog and died laughing at the spilled milk pic. So funny and that was definately a picture-taking moment!