Tuesday, January 20, 2009

'Full' from a Thesaurus' Perspective

Has it been a little crazy lately for anyone else out there!?! Life doesn't seem just busy, it has seemed a little more 'Full' than ususal.

I don't know if 'Full' is the word I am looking for, maybe,....
abounding, abundant, adequate, awash, big, bounteous, brimful, burdened, bursting, chockablock, chock-full, competent, complete, crammed, crowded, entire, extravagant, glutted, gorged, imbued, impregnated, intact, jammed, jammed full, jam-packed, laden, lavish, loaded, overflowing, packed, packed like sardines, padded, plenteous, plentiful, plethoric, profuse, replete, running over, sated, satiated, satisfied, saturated, stocked, stuffed, sufficient, suffused, surfeited, teeming, voluminous, weighted, would be more appropriate.

I think for everyone of those words I could categorize a part of my experience; except for maybe
chockablock, I never even heard that one before. (Although it does make me think of a chocolate block and I think a block of chocolate would fill me up anytime.)
Aside from chockablock though I think I can use a few more of those words to explain what I mean.
Abundantly, Lavishly, Sufficiently - We have been blessed in so many areas of our lives; a million amazing little stories every day.
Complete, Crammed, Teeming, Entire, Bounteous and Abounding - Ed and my kids are the beautiful pieces in my life that make it what it is. Plus I am finding children that walk and talk sure keep life interesting!
Competent, Loaded, Sufficient and Satisfied -I think of our jobs and I am so thankful that we are where we are.
Weighted, Laden, Awash and Burdened - I see the sorrow and stresses that are hitting close to home and feel its effect directly and indirectly.
Voluminous, Plentiful, Extravagant and Stuffed - I feel the dreams in my heart and wish for them to become suffused in my life.
Impregnated - We have even been able to join in the joy of seeing some new little people arrive (Bethany, Dani, and Tatum)and wait for several more friends to bring their little bundles of joy into the world...lol I couldn't resist using that one :)
Crowded, Jammed, Packed like Sardines - That reminds me, Stacey and Mauricio want to rent something other than a one bedroom before their second little one arrives! If you know of anything in this area let me know :)

Aside from playing with thesauruses life really has been full; and it really is the sort of full that invites us to take hold of all God has for us to experience and learn. It feels like one of those seasons that may not be all that comfortable in the sense that a lot of change is on the horizon but hopefully with change comes growth and discovery.

PS - I hope you enjoyed my
Plethoric probable misuse of vocabulary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't even know the panic I felt when I saw "impregnated" on your blog cause usually if your pregnant so am I!!! I should have known since you don't talk like that, but terror does crazy things to one's mind!
L.