Thursday, September 16, 2010

Too "Tenderflaky"

Those were his exact words...."Its just too tenderflakey"


"He" was Ed and the thing that was too flaky was the pie crust on the apple pie I made last night.  I am sure he wouldn't have said anything but I got suspicious after 3 or more pieces didn't disappear overnight.  I was so proud of this beautiful pie...the crust in my mind is perfect...light, flaky, golden brown.


I just totally forgot my husbands issues with anything made with flour. lol 
I have yet to find a truly discernible pattern to what he likes and dislikes.  For instance the pie crust soaked in melted ice cream made it "soggy" and he like that much better.  What baker tries for a 'soggy' crust!! 


Anyway I will now add perfect pie crust to my list of Ed's dislikes to join other offenders such as pancakes, waffles, bread (unless its April's homemade), double chocolate chip cookies (yup I'm serious) and most cakes (unless it is anglefood)


He truly is a mystery, although I suppose thats half the fun!





No comments: