Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Day in Terms of Food....

yup...the title was correct...I am talking about my day in terms of food....It really was a good day but...well, you'll see...

Breakfast:
So this morning for breakfast I had cornflakes...this particular variety of corn flakes was eaten from a bowl that walked around the house with me and despite my best efforts became so soggy that I doubt the term 'flake' could be applied anymore.

Snack:
Umm even though I forgot this particularly important event - my children didn't but since we were in the car driving to Vernon I just got to hear the pitiful yowls of children who surely must have been starving.

Lunch:
Thank Goodness for Tim Hortons.  I went and picked up a turkey bacon club EXTRA Long sandwich and a 10 pack of tim bits.  We then went and met up with Ed for lunch.  Half a sandwich for Ed and a quarter to each child.  I have never professed to be great at numbers...this sandwich scenario being case in point.  So I settled on eating half a box of tim bits.

Snack:
May I point out that snack in my kids mind is 10 min after lunch. (!?!)  Luckily we were on our way to the mall so we landed at the food court.  My oversight at lunch had been noticed and duly beaten to death.  The kids were thirsty and frankly so was I ( tim bits and the lb of sugar they represent will do that to you!) We grabbed some juice and headed out to enjoy the mall.  Only the enjoyment lasted about 10 steps as Eliana dropped her juice and my own juice was was the sacrificial price demanded for a quick return to peace.

.....4pm: Tic tacs and an ice tea are pacifying the troops


.....5pm: The troops revolt and there are many tears over broken dreams of having milk the moment they want it.

.....5:45pm: I walked through the door, crying kids in tow and made a b-line strait to the fridge where I pounced upon the mcain frozen cake thing in the freezer and ate about 3 pieces (thats the polite way to say I cut a whole row) and shoved it in my mouth.  The kids watching this feeding frenzy swarmed around to get their piece of the pie - I mean cake.

....6:00pm: Supper was cooking (macaroni and hamburger) and I literally set off every smoke detector in the house. leaving the element on Hi really isn't a time saving tactic.  Once enough pillow waving and fans on released our ear drums from the scream of a false alarm I finished super. And the kids ate...and I oh crap got distracted and started blogging.

So yes, I am going to go eat now.


3 comments:

Renee said...

i can totally relate!

Student said...

This makes me stress out when my days of preparing actual food for my kids arrives. Sounds like you had an eventful day, lol.

Student said...

that last comment was from Marli.