Friday, August 6, 2010

I Hope this has Happened to Someone Else

OK I seriously do hope someone out there can relate to this somewhat embarrassing/funny moment I had today.


I was in the mall with my kids and I was so preoccupied scooping up some AMAZING deals on summer clothes for next year (From $30 down to $2 anyone!!!) that I had tuned out the endless chatter from my 4yr old daughter.


Although when her voice not so pleasantly interrupted my buying bliss  - I assumed that she was once again complaining (You know the tone of voice that overrides any language) So I loudly and in my firm mom voice said 
"Stop your whining!!"


Only to be shocked out of my shopping coma to hear a mom standing just next to me say..."Oh that was mine not yours" as she hurried her daughter away from the crazy lady - me.


oops.



4 comments:

Shawna said...

I laughed out loud, and then called Michael over to hear it too! I think that might be one of the funniest embarassing stories I have heard in a long time!

Shawn and Susan said...

That is too funny!! I will be laughing about this one for a long time!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! I can just see that happening to you too Kate! Seriously though, isn't it true that at times we have wanted to say that out loud to another kid but can't. You just did what at times we have all really wanted to do. Good on ya!! lol

Michelle

Renee said...

hahaha! thats too funny!