Monday, May 31, 2010

Selah and Me...

Well the day has come... Selah, our lab boarder collie, is going to a new home.  I am sure most of the world has heard my exclamations of frustration with this dog.  I have filled most everyone in every time she has unleashed her destructive force on some part of our life.  And yet, of course, as I wander around the house collecting her toys and such I can't help but feeling a little sad and a little guilty.  

Up to a year or two ago Selah was such an integral part of our family we literally bought our house and vehicle to accommodate her!  She was my Christmas gift the first year we were married and quickly became our baby.  At that point the love/frustration were fairly even but now I AM a mom to two kids and this furry baby of mine is draining my energy stores to the point that I often forget that I care about her at all.

The fact is that despite ALL my whining - I do care about this silly messed up dog.  And I know that it was us that failed her - not the other way around.  BUT
I am glad she now gets to go to a new home where she will get to be someones 'baby' again.  They are always outdoors and she will have lots of room to run and play. Best part is that we will still get to see her as it is Ed's sister taking her. :)


So right now I am trying to focus on all the positive things...

Like no more ripped up garbage strewn around our house or lawn

No more dog poo!!!! Inside or out - I don't have to pick it up anymore
No more dog hair to collect on everything - although this may take quite a while to completely get rid of! 
No more children getting run over or tail whacked
No more drool puddles! 

I really do hope and pray it is the start of new, good season for both of us...Selah and myself...



1 comment:

Leanne said...

I'm not sure if I should say "I'm sorry" or "Congratulations"... perhaps I'll stick with the safe and more neutral "Thinking of you".