Sunday, May 9, 2010

From Ed's Day to My Day...

Ok so I wanted to run through my weekend which contained Ed's Birthday Friday, to Ed's Birthday Party Sat Night, To Mothers Day here on Sunday.

And I wanted to keep it in the simple format of highlights and 'lowlights'...here we go!!!


FRIDAY

Highlight: Ed's Birthday + Babysitter = Date Night!
Lowlight: Ed had a cold and felt like death
Highlight: I got my way and coerced him into going out 
Lowlight: I was on a date with someone who felt like death
Lowlight/Highlight/Lowlight: Ed wanted to go out for Gourmet Hotdogs (???? I KNOW!!!) 
But he forgot to get directions so I got to pick the restaurant...
Then my pick ended up being a dud  - but it was OK because he couldn't taste the food anyway.
Highlight: We went to the drive in to watch a movie
Lowlight:It was a stupid movie
Highlight: We were still in bed by 11pm!!


SATURDAY

Highlight: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!!!
Lowlight: Ed still felt pretty death like and didn't want to spread the plague so he didn't get to play.
Highlight: We then got to hang out with my dad and shop for my mom all afternoon long.
Lowlight: Ed hates shopping and was trying to shop for my mothers day gift with the kids (and death) in tow.
Highlight:Ed was being so sweet and shopping for my gift anyway
Lowlight: We got home around 3 and needed to leave again by 6 for Eds party and I needed to make a carrot cake, cream cheese icing, pie shells (from scratch!) and lemon meringue filling (which I suck at because it is not an ADD friendly recipe) all before we left!
Highlight: I got it done!!!!
Highlight: We got to Ed's party and UFC night on time!! And we had a good time. Oh and everyone like the dessert.
Highlight: We were at home and in bed by 11:30!!


SUNDAY:

Highlight: I got my mothers day gift from Ed and the kids  - Tuck the turtle from Gabe, A ballerina lamb from Eliana and a Phone Jack (????) ((which turned into a gift card with store credit)) from Ed
Lowlight: He also got me a recorder...like the musical instrument that makes you want to cut your ears off.
Highlight: Had breakfast and went to church with my parents.
Lowlight: The kids wanted to bring the recorder along.
Highlight: We had an afternoon BBQ out at the farm - SO much fun!!!
Lowlight: The kids played with the recorder all afternoon
Highlight: We came home and conveniently forgot the recorder at mom's house!! Happy Mothers Day Mom!







PS - Lowlight: After reading this to Ed he informed me that he found the recorder and it is in the van!! Guess the jokes on me....

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

you always make me laugh!

Caroline said...

Wow! What a weekend Kate! I like how you summed it up ;0)

Susan said...

I am really glad to see that other people have crazy lives too! Sounds like it is always filled with love and laughter.

Miranda said...

That does sound like quite the weekend Katie! I love the way you described it too!