Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Mom Day...

Somes days are more fun than others as a mom - and some days make you really earn your stripes.

Sick days seem to be the stripe days.

Today I caught my sons throw up in my hands. I think I earned a gold star for that one. But gory details aside I thought I would share my strategy for managing a sick day.



Towels and Linens!! Lots of them - all of them...anything flat and washable fabric is fair game. I layer them all over whatever bed is being used by the sicky and voila! Sicky bug do your worst
!

When the inevitable mess comes I just strip away the top layer and after cleaning up the little person put them back into their already made bed. It works like a charm.

The only downside is that very first moment before you set up the towel bed ...when you just realize that they are sick and going to throw up all over the your carpet.... then cuping your hands under there little face is surprisingly effective.
And yes gross but as with so many other mom things - just don't think about it!!



3 comments:

Chris is a geek said...

oh kate, that's awful that your kids are sick, or is just one? Yes, you deserve a gold star for catching it in your hand! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Caroline said...

oops, didn't log my husband out...(chris is a geek)

sarah said...

Kate,

Hope you little guy gets better soon!!! its hard when they are sick you just want to take it away!!

btw just wanted to let you know that when someone is viewing your blog with a widescreen monitor all your words are on your boarder which makes it almost impossible to read... just FYI!!