Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bye Papa Stein

Some days are just days and some turn into the days you will never forget. Thursday we received a call that turned everything upside down. Ed's Dad wasn't breathing and the abulance was on the way.

We immediately started packing and making plans for a spontaneous trip 3 hrs away before we had made it out the door though we received the second call that he didn't make it.

Its a strange mix of sadness and numbness as we changed our plans to go pick up Eds youngest sister before heading back to their dads place. The next 24 hrs were almost exclusivly spent driving. Once we arrived it was a wirlwind of meeting with family and making arrangements.

Here we are 3 days later and we are back home for a few days before we head back for the Funeral on Friday.

I know this all sounds just factual and rather brief but I don't think I am anywhere near acctually processing any of this.

Papa Stein was good man and he will be missed.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys right now as you go through all the emotions as well as all the arrangements you'll be making!
Shawna

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the "reactions boxs" (funny, intresting exc...) I wanted one that read, "cried while reading" or "piece of heart broken for my dear friends" .... this loss has hit me in so many different ways, & such deeper levels... just love you guys- your all in my heart & prayers.
your friend
Christy

Caroline said...

So so to hear of this Kate :-( Will be praying for comfort for you all.

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thiknking of you. I am so sorry Kate. Love you

Marie