Tuesday, August 25, 2009

'Nostalgia' Photo Challege

This was a really fun photo challenge for me and my first with I heart Faces.

This was my Great-Grandfather's tractor...it is a 1955 Old 600 Series farm tractor. I have so many memories around this old Ford that has seen generations of my family through all sorts of jobs and chores.

I remember my Grandpa using it to haul logs out from the forest to build Grandma her dream home. I also remember my Dad getting us to sit up on the trailer to make sure the load didn't fall off! Most recently my Dad, now known as Papa, has introduced my daughter to the tractor by taking her for rides. Of course she loves it, just like we all have!

It is the most nostalgic item for me on the farm and so I thought it would be perfect for this shoot and would give my daughter some more tractor time, which she always loves!


capture photographic

9 comments:

wenderful said...

Fabulous! I love the angle of the shot and the post process you did. It screams vintage and nostalgia. :)

Leanne said...

Cutiest ever!

Anonymous said...

you have talent!! very beautiful picture! you should enter it in the fair!!
renee

Jeanna said...

Great picture. I love her blue eyes; they really pop.

Tracie said...

Love this! Her expression and everything about the photo!

I'm Dominique said...

what a beautiful pictures, I love it :)

Melissa said...

what a sweet picture!

Miranda said...

What a great picture!! Love it!

KrisJ said...

That is adorable! What a great shot!