Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Passing of Pets...

So this past week our little lizard Jacapo died. I don't know what really happened but he was on his back in his food dish so I kinda wondered if he choked...I don't know. Whatever it was, was random! I felt bad for the little guy but I mostly was concerned how Eliana would react to the news. She had seemed quite fond of 'Popo' as she called him and often watched him in his terrarium; even kissing his tank goodbye or goodnight on occasion...lol.

She had once seen a mouse go into Mondego's cage and was mystified where it had disappeared to. I told her at the time that the mouse went to be with Jesus.
She had immediately left the room and walked around the house calling
"Mouse....Jesus.....Mooouuuuussssseee..."

So this time I told her that Popo died and that we were going to bury him outside so that he could go 'be with Jesus'. She helped me make a little box and we put our little lizard in it. Eliana declared that "Popo liked box"
I got kinda worried that she was gonna think that Jacapo was being buried alive so when we put the box in the ground I tried to explain that Popo was now with Jesus and no longer in the box. As my explanations got more and more convoluted I realized that Eliana was completely oblivious to it all and quite content to just carry on with her day.
Apparently she understood as much as she needed to :)

Anyway we are down to 3 pets and I think we will keep it that way for now.



No comments: