Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hulk Yop and a New Blog

So with returning to the life of a stay at home mom I have decided to take on more projects than it is humanly possible to ever complete.  Sounds logical right!?
Anyway one of these 'projects' is a collaboration with some of my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu peeps.  We have created a blog that is trying to feature easy, healthy recipes that work for normal people.  I am going to throw a link onto my blog here but I thought I would share my latest installment here with all of you because every mom/parent should have one of these recipes up their sleeve!!

(Shawna this reminds me of your shrek smoothie - the one with the avocado...I think that was you right?)

Hulk Yop

I think with the name 'Hulk Yop' I am probably violating all sorts of trademarks but that was the magical nickname that tempted my kids into trying this green smoothie.

The inspiration and base of this smoothie is from Super Dave's Breakfast Energy Smoothie.



So here are the rough proportions - 

I first blend the spinach, banana and probably 1/2 c almond milk (I am sure you could substitute regular milk) - Blend really well!!!! No one likes little spinach leaves in their teeth.

Then add a scoop or two of protein powder and about 3 large spoonfuls of Greek yogurt

This time I also added some frozen peaches.  Strawberries work really well too.


Again puree that smoothie until it is, well - smooth!

Then enjoy!

I thought I would post picture evidence of my kids loving their  "Hulk Yop".  This has been a great discovery for me because my little guy generally will not touch any vegetables with a ten foot pole - and strangely enough the same seems to go for most fruits.  He has always been a meat and dairy sort of guy so finding a way to sneak even a small portion of veggies into his diet feels like a milestone achievement. lol

No comments: