Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bring on the Warmth and Forget the Mess!

I am so happy to finally be sitting outside in shorts. Its a balmy 22 degrees so we have the kiddy pool out and the kids are splashing away. I willingly embraced a full fledged war with dandelions (they have over taken our yard) because they actually are giving me permission to neglect laundry and dishes for the moment.
Nicest part is, I still get to feel productive because I mowed the lawn, finished some gardening and transplanted a bunch of strawberry plants into pots this morning.
The changing of seasons is such a good reminder that things move forward and that we do too  - even when we can't see it. At the Beth Moore conference I remember her saying something along the lines that sometimes we can't see God's Hand moving because it's too close.  I remember the image bringing much comfort in a season where I was constantly waiting for God to show up.  To realize and remember that He is there  - its a knowledge that I know needs to sink deeper into my heart.


So yes, here we are now, welcoming spring and finding myself thankful for dandelions and the unseen hand that has carries us through the seasons - seen and unseen.

No comments: