Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Piece of Cake...Part 2

So for those of you that may be wondering...

I finished THE cake.


It was surprisingly uneventful once I got past the custard. The icing was threatening to be very difficult until Ed, sensing my tenuous hold on my composure, rescued me by standing beside me giving directions.

In retrospect, this is rather ironic as Ed is normally the man that wouldn't cook or bake to save his life, but he seemed to think that this whole cake icing business was his cup of tea and walked me through the whole process...

"No, scratches Kate, keep dipping the knife in the water every second stroke..."

So yes, I finished and now all I have to do is get it to the party without dumping it on its head.

Wish me luck....












PS - I found this funny link earlier today and it just fit with my whole week...check out some cake disasters here

3 comments:

Leanne said...

You are amazing!!

Jackie said...

dude its mind blowing! What a great cake...not cheesy at all!!!!!!!!

Shawn and Susan said...

wow! good job!