Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How Many....

So last night I think I had a bit of a ephipany....

There has been an on going conversation in our household since Gabriel was born as to weather or not we are going to have more children. I have been very nervous about making this desicion; afraid I was going to get it 'wrong'. I can see the benefits of either side. I loved growing up in a bigger family and all the comraderie that goes along with it. I think of who our future kids would b
e know that I would love them so much. I see what our family would look like in 10 years and find it tempting... BUT
I also love our little family right now as well. I am so enjoying that my kids are entering new stages and that we are able to follow them through. Holidays and traveling, even living abroad (all things I really want our children to experience) are much more likely to happen if we stay the size we are now.


I find myself swinging back and forth with all the pros and cons...worried about missing out on what God has for us as a family. And then my ephiphany...

God gives us the choice! It is not a matter of right and wrong as much as what we as a couple decide to make our priorities and goals as a family. We will seek to honour God whatever the size of our family and I think that is what God will honour.

So I really am still stuck in the throws of indecision but I have more peace about the fact I am able to make that choice. I know some will agree and others will not but my main concern was to ensure that as a couple we sought God's will in this matter...and to know that He is just allowing us to choose is such a beautiful relief.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree that God gives us a choice, and if you choose not to have more kids, and God really thinks you should have more, then he can make that happen regardless of what you choose or do to prevent it! (or vice versa!) I love the freedom God gives us, but yet the assurance that he is in complete control!
talk to you later!
Renee

Leanne said...

Well... if you do decide to have more you can be sure of one thing... I'll likely have one within a week or two of you!! (At least that is the crazy pattern I've noticed so far!!)