Monday, February 9, 2009

KateIntel 2 GB RAM, Single CPU 00.00GHz

So I haven't written a blog in a little while just because I have been so busy doing absolutely nothing that I didn't really have any inspiration. It has been a blah couple of weeks...not boring just utterly exasperating. I have been OCD-ing about all the things I wanted, no needed, to do (in my house, in my life) so much that I have been unable to start on anything!

Anyone else ever deal with this!?!
My brain has been in overdrive and my feet were burning holes in the carpet from running on the spot.

Thank goodness something kicked into gear, finally, today! I got up and completely dismantled my laundry room, revealing months of random mess that had been stuffed away in there. Other than looking after my kids, that is all I really did today. The rest of my house is a crazy mess now because all the junk ended up in the living room.
But you know what, tonight I am fine. Happy even.
Thank-goodness. I have started.

I think this 'stall' phase before my 'active' phase has to do with my slow processing speed. I am like a computer that might have a great video card so you can play games, and a decent sound card so you can watch movies, but has NO processing power so you are always sitting and waiting for the little hour glass to be done turning over and over...and over.

And then *Poof* suddenly your computer springs to life and starts doing what you asked it to three weeks ago.

Yup I can definitely identify with that.

I think maybe I will see about asking Pentium about getting one of those dual core processors that they keep bragging about..
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i totally hear you, i always get obsessive and bogged down by the cleaning and oraganizing i need to do, but i can't get my butt in gear to do it! once i finally do i realize its not that bad and i get obsessivly picky about it being organized and done just perfect that it takes so long so i get one room done and by the time i get things in gear to do the next room the previous room needs to be done again!!! ahhh!!! will it ever end?!! or maybe more importantly will i ever realize that house work will never do itself and just cause i cleaned house last week doesn't mean i wont have to do it again this week!!
thanks for letting me vent on your comment section, i feel much better!
renee

Anonymous said...

Katie!! I can totally relate...at the end of a day I feel as though I got nothing accomplished...and then I look and see how simply looking after the kids (and Joey)is an accomplishment...we made it through another day. I guess that's why my dad always said "take one day at a time". I've also started to look at the mundane chores of a mother and wife as a wonderful way to serve the Lord...So often I would clean the bathroom then EXPECT Joey to come home from work and say "wow, what a great looking bathroom we have!" Needless to say, it doesn't work that way and then I'd be disappointed and sad...Lately the Lord has shown me if I work for Him and Him alone, I will never be disappointed...our treasures lay up in heaven when we get there sister! Now, when Joey does comment about my cleaning, it's a bonus and I'm overjoyed:) Luv ya!!