Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mother Dearest....

So after chatting with a friend today I realized that I am not the only mom out there feeling as though I am not even remotely close to being nominated for the "world's greatest mom" award. Some how the fact that I am not alone in this feeling was comforting. I know that I am a good mom in that I love my kids and I really do my best to look after them in every way but some days that just doesn't seem enough.
How is that?!?
I go to bed and wish that I had done more one on one activities or had more patience in the midst of the mess and chaos. I crash into the couch at the end of the day utterly spent and still feel as though I haven't done enough.
I think its that feeling of falling short that I struggle with more than almost any other thing. It humbles me daily and drives me to my knees in desperate prayer because what I want to succeed at most right now is the greatest task set before me - being a mother.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh gosh, I think we all feel this way sometimes! I know I sure do, especially since my third baby was born in October. I constantly feel as though I'm falling short. Thank goodness we have an amazing God to lean on when we're feeling "less than". I don't know how I'd make it through some days otherwise.