Friday, February 4, 2011

What Can I Say




I have to say that this year so far has been weird.  Every time I have sat down and thought, 'hey i should blog'...I have been at a loss.  Its not because I haven't had anything going on but quite the opposite.
I posted the above you tube clip 1 - because it is VERY funny and 2 - because I totally get this whole 'crisis of confidence' phrase right now!


Our family is in a weird season of what feels like transition and change.  I feel as though there are seismic waves, of varying intensity, sweeping through our life and challenging the way we view stability.  "Oh you thought that was a given?? A sure thing?? Lets just shake that up a bit!!" 
And that sure leaves me feeling insecure and given to a certain amount of anxiety.  When shaken down to its root it always seems to come back to two foundational questions for me. "Is God big enough to deal with this" and the even more importantly "Is He Good."  They are such hard questions to grapple with and you know a couple of months ago I would have had very little trouble answering YES! to both.  
Right now, it is only by faith that I can even squeak out a small little yes . I know what I believe but sometimes that 'crisis of confidence' is absolutely immobilizing.
I hug my chest and cry to the Father to help me see and to walk through this season with some measure peace even though I am blind to His hand moving and guiding us.


So pardon my 'tongue tied' blog as we navigate these unknown waters before us.  I am so grateful for all of you who share in our life and our journey - day to day and 'virtual' friends alike :)

No comments: