Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hope Springs....

It never ceases to amaze me the power of time away.  I am not even talking about an amazing two week vacation at a tropical location - all four of us actually went just a couple of hours away to have a sleep over with some friends. 


How sweet it is to be out of your own home and environment, that at least for me is a constant reminder of every responsibility I have in my life, and rest in the company of friends.  We have such great friends who are masters at hospitality and I am SO grateful to have them in our lives.


This short little spurt was especially meaningful to me right now.  It was the breath of fresh air I needed. I was out of the snow and into that land of spring.  It made me giddy to put my kids into running shoes and not worry about 15 layers of clothing. On a more substantial level I think just being away gave my mind some space to process some of what I have been learning and walking through as a family lately.  


The word of God has been such a comfort to me lately...its as if the words are meant just for me  - just at this time.  How cool is Jesus.


As a new years challenge we have been memorizing a new verse every couple of weeks.  I chose the following passage more arbitrarily than not - only to be astounded over and over again as it has proven absolute applicable in almost every area of our life since the year began.


Proverbs 3:5-12

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own insight.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh,
and refreshment to your bones.
Honor the Lord with your substance
and the first fruits of all your produce;
they your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.
My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline
or be weary of his reproof,
for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights."

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Love it!
Love you!

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I love how faithfully God speaks to us through his word.