Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Birthday Party and a Fire....

Saturday was Eliana's 4th Birthday Party and we celebrated at a local pool.  Eliana let me know about every 5 minutes that this was her favourite birthday ever - which was so cute to hear.









It really was a great day and it is just amazing to think that my little button is 4 already.  She is a precious, vivacious little thing and I thank God every day that she is our daughter.


Soooooo we went from a perfect day Saturday to a perfectly bizarrely random day on Sunday.


Ed went to go run some errands with Eliana Sunday afternoon and I was going to stay home with Gabe who was napping (and was sick with a fever) when Ed called back home almost immediately after he left telling me to look out our window.  To my surprise the mill yard across the road was on fire






Not wanting to sit around we packed up Gabe (and our cat just in case the fire decided to hop the road) and headed out to my parents farm for the afternoon.  It wasn't until supper time that we got word that our neighbourhood was evacuated due to the fire so we spent the night at the farm.  It was quite the little spontaneous adventure but we were up for it and had a fun little 'camp-out' on the living room floor. While I can quite confidently say 99.9% of the population was praying that our homes would be safe...Ed was  busy praying that our place would burn down. LOL. 


His reasoning?? He figured it would be easier than fixing it up and selling it! Ahhh I love my husband.


Well luckily the majority won out on that one and the next day we were all aloud back in our homes  - which yes, were all still there.


Yay for a weekend full of family, friends and adventure.






1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud at Ed's reaction to the fire (about not caring about your house)...I'm sorry ;0) My hubby thought it was funny too.

Glad to hear you are safe. Thanks for posting about the fire, I was wondering about ya!