Friday, June 18, 2010

Just a Great Day

So the other day I felt inspired (mostly because I looked at the photos hanging on my wall) to get the kids all done up and take them out for a photo shoot.  In the past these outings have been disasters.  I have a plan - and nothing goes according to it - and I end up a stressed out grumpy mess.  So this time I thought I would try something different...I made the loosest plan possible.  
It looked something like this:  Get the kids clean (if they stay that way great), head out to a local orchard (if weather or location fall through oh well), and follow the kids around and try to get some decent photos (a kid directed day - how bad could it be!?)


And you know what?! It actually worked. 
I know I am stunned too.
And the very best part...is that I had an awesome day just playing and having fun with my kids...that just does not happen enough.  I too often let all my plans and such get in the way. But not this day :)


So here are some of the pics of our mini adventure.


For normally being a big fan of goats Gabe didn't quite know what do when meeting one face to face

Well of course just as the camera comes out so does a case of the sillies

And apparently its catching on

For being the vivacious little girl that she is - she is not into heights or speed (must be genetic) but never the less she conquered the slide.

AND you can always trust Gabe to find the dirt and a shovel - he is a major sandbox junkie




To see some of the photos that I ended playing around with - just click here

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Great pictures! Eliana is sure looking all grown up!

Miranda said...

I wanted to comment on your pictures on your photo blog Katie, but I couldn't get into the comment section! They look fantastic!! I love what you did with them! You sure have a good eye! :)

Renee said...

sounds like a fun day!

Renee said...

i tried to leave a comment on the other one to buut it didn't work?? anyway we were looking at the pics and dex is like "dats babe" and i was like ya thats gabe, and he's like "ya babe"

Caroline said...

Hi Kate,
I couldn't leave a comment on your other blog either.

Beautiful pictures! Good for you for keeping things simple, then you weren't disappointed!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!! I had no idea that was not working....should be now - I changed the settings
Just for future reference :)

Anonymous said...

loved the concept... "arranging for letting life happen" as opposed to stressing over expectations. That sounds like a great day. The pictures are amazing.

Caroline said...

Your new blog template looks great Kate! The side bars are much easier to read!