Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Tourney...

So this past weekend was a fantastic experience. I went to my first Brazilian Jui-Jitsu tournament. I feel that my eyes have been opened to so many new concepts and sides to jui jitsu that I was not even aware of. I got to roll 2 rounds which was great. I lost both but I still feel as though I walked away with far more than I walked in with. It was also really fun, and yes, really stressful/nerve wracking competing once again!

I also absolutely loved watching my teammates compete and in so every case do sooo well. I wasn't expecting to get so pumped watching them! I surprised myself and probably scared some other spectators with my exuberance - although I think most of our team was pretty great at cheering each other on! I was especially pumped and screaming my head off when my training partner Katie won gold in our division. So cool.


So yes it was a good weekend.

No comments: