Tuesday, February 23, 2010

i heart faces - Hands On

So as soon as I saw that this weeks theme over at I heart faces was 'Hands On' - This photo came to mind. I took it at our last tournament (The guy on the bottom is my teammate Jim)

With Brazillian Jui-Jitsu, grips (ie Hands!) are very important - you fight for them and hang on for dear life if you get a good one. I love how in this photo things look deceptively calm - until you see the hands...they are griping and working with a purpose - showing the strength and the struggle. It is definately at 'Hands On' sport!

Anyway enough of me getting all philosophical about Jui-Jitsu! lol
Enjoy.

Photobucket






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some strong hands for sure. Creative take!

Anita Johnson said...

Everytime I click on a link at i love faces, I find something unexpected. This photo is just that. Great angle, perfect for the theme, and so different than all the others!

Ritsumei said...

What a fun picture! You're right - it is deceptive, but the hands say it all.

Erin said...

I love it! Not only is it unique, but it's a cool photo!

Carrie said...

Very original entry! Great picture!

Kim Chodorowski said...

There's your bjj pics!! love it - looks intense!!