Monday, September 12, 2011

Apple Sauce Crotch

Last week was Eliana's first week of Kindergarten and the first week of a new kind of life for this family.  Getting up before 7:30 is new for the kids and I but I have no doubt we will adjust quickly.


The funniest thing Eliana came home saying this past week was 'apple sauce crotch'.  Knowing that I was loosing something in translation I asked for the context and learned that every time they sat down at group time they would say 'apple sauce crotch, put your hands in your lap'.  I couldn't decoded it until I conferred with some other moms - sure enough it made a lot more sense as
"Criss Cross Apple Sauce - Put your hands in your lap"
This helps the kids sit cross legged for group time.


I love that I can look forward to all sorts of new adventures and 'lost in translation' moments in the coming year.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

too cute, as soon as I saw your title I knew Elianna's teacher used the ol' standby primary teacher expression criss cross aple sauce :)