Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Copper - A Formal Introduction...



This is Copper :)  He arrived in our lives yesterday although we have been searching and waiting for him for a little while now.
It started as a conversation - Ed wanted a dog. I reminded him of Selah. He still wanted a dog - Selah even, but I needed a dog we could raise to trust. I wanted the right dog and I wanted to start off right.  SO this time I read a book - "How to Raise the Perfect Dog" by Ceasar Millan.  It gives a body hope.
And the search began - the right breed - the right breeder...the right puppy.


I am so glad that I found all three!! Heidi and her family were one of my favourites but they were all the way in Alberta.  I thought it was worth a shot to see if they were willing to meet us in Calgary or Banff (somewhere more central) and to my surprise she said she had a friend coming out this easter weekend.  Her friend ended up coming right past us and so the pick up/drop off couldn't have been more simple.


This kids are happily learning how to train Copper along with me and its going well. Eliana is  very calm with the puppy and good at encouraging him.  Gabe is doing his best to be a puppy and hasn't quite got the hang of Copper's name yet so for the time being he is Popper.




And Copper??  He is such a sweetie.  I have been doing my best to follow the dog whisperers advice and we are just about through 24 hrs with a pup that has had no accidents yet and is getting used to his collar and leash.  Last night he buried his nose in his 'momma scent' blanket and had a surprisingly mild night.  He did whimper a bit that was it.
Our cat Pepper does keep looking at me like "what have you done...." but all in all we are off to a great start!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

He is sooo Cute!!!! Good Luck :)