Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Politics....

Politics hey! I know I am not the only wishes for a more efficent system or leadership that inspires at least half the nation!!

Although this colition stuff is nonsense it does ispire me to get more involved in our political process. I know politics are frustrating but without good people trying to bring good about its going to go to the dogs...I mean dions.
I am not loyal to certain party so I doesn't matter to me what side of this whole issue you sit on but make your voice heard.

This is an email between Colin Mayes and Me (MP for Okanagan Shushwap)


Dear Mr. Mayes,

I have to admit I'm not a political activist or even that well versed with the finer workings of our system but I do vote and try to follow politics in a more general sense. The events of this past week or more have me concerned and confused; I understand a no confidence vote but how in the world could the parties that inspired the least confidence in Canadian voters be trying to take power without a vote?? Is there anyway that I can have a voice in this matter??

Thank-you for your time and direction,

Katie Stein


And then his Reply

Katie,

Thank you for your comments. The current financial crisis is taking a severe toll on all Canadians and despite our many strengths, Canada cannot escape the global downturn. In this regard, I find it disappointing that the discourse since the tabling of the Economic Update has been almost exclusively focused on political gains and posturing.

I would recommend that you contact the Governor General of Canada, Her Excellency, the Right Honourable Michaƫlle Jean to express your views. She can be reached at:


info@gg.ca

OR

1-800-465-6890


There will also be a ‘Rally for Canada’ on December 6th. Please see attached link for details.


http://rallyforcanada.ca/



Colin Mayes, MP

Okanagan-Shuswap




Alrighty then it up to us now.

No comments: